Live-in care is when an expert, professional carer moves into a spare room of the clients home to provide support and security.
What is Live-in Care?
We have a need as a society to enable people to stay at home for much longer. Staying at home and in the community has recently proven to be a safer place for many.
Live-in care is when an expert, professional carer moves into a spare room of the client’s home to provide support and security. Professional carers undertake their work as set out in a personalised care plan.
Please note: Live-in care eligibility will be decided based on a clinical assessment. Please contact us for more details.
A Practical Solution
Comfort Keepers’ goal is to ensure our clients receive the top-quality care necessary to allow them to live with dignity and independence.
Many of our loved ones have been asked to restrict their movements during Covid-19, and we believe that, for some of those individuals, our bespoke Live-In care option may be the practical solution for ensuring their wellbeing.
Live-in care helps people live well at home for longer by providing specialist care in the comfort of the home. A fully managed service provides clients with the assistance they require to safely stay in their own home and community, avoiding the trauma of upheaval for those in need of full-time support.
Live-in care is one of the safest types of care. Our dedicated Live-in Carers can
assist you or your loved ones by:
- Remaining mobile to source medication
- Managing medical conditions such as stroke and incontinence
- Moving and handling
- Handling the cooking, cleaning for our clients and ensuring the smooth running of the house
- Helping the elderly stay at home comfortably and safely
Live-In Care is flexible to the needs of our client and we will work with them and
their family to ensure the package is comprehensive and fine-tuned. Additional
hours can be requested at an additional cost.
Our Live-In healthcare assistants are key members of the Comfort Keepers family.
They have received comprehensive training and have undergone Garda Vetting
and reference confirmation.
What services are provided during Live-In Care?
- Added security & comfort in the home
- Personal care tasks like bathing and dressing
- Housekeeping such as changing bed linen and laundry.
- Meal preparation
- Supporting social interactions and activities.
- Companionship – sharing conversation and spending time together
- Helping with mobility
- Overseeing medication – all according to the customer’s care plan
- Running errands – assisting with tasks such as shopping or picking up a prescription