Personal & General Homecare
A major part of Comfort Keepers’ care offering is dedicated to tending to our clients’ day-to-day needs to ensure they can live with dignity and independence.
What is Personal Care?
Personal care refers to the day-to-day support tasks that our carers can help with during their visits. These tasks range from housekeeping support to personal care acts like bathing, mobility support, toileting, continence care, food preparation assistance and whatever else the client might need in the course of an average day.
When might you seek Personal Care?
Personal care can be availed of by anyone who needs a little extra support at home, regardless of the severity of their needs or the age of the person requiring the care. Whether a client needs support for just an hour a week or each day, we can cater to those needs and keep their day ticking along as smoothly as possible. Personal care tasks can also accompany other forms of care such as disability care, palliative care or any other services.
Our team is led by clinical experts with extensive experience and understanding of care so you can be certain that you or your loved one is in safe hands with a carer and support team that is attuned to you or your loved one’s needs.
What are the benefits of Personal Care?
Our Personal Care:
- Puts the individual first and prioritises their needs and desires
- Supports the individual and their family with handling the changes of individual needs
- Alleviates pressure for family caregivers by allowing them to take breaks knowing their loved one is in safe hands
- Improves quality of life for the individual
- Supports the individual in living with dignity and independence
Personal care is flexible to the needs of our client and we will work with them and
their family to ensure the package is comprehensive and fine-tuned.
Our care team are key members of the Comfort Keepers family. They have received comprehensive training and have undergone Garda Vetting and reference confirmation.
What services are provided during Personal care?
- Added security & comfort in the home
- Personal care tasks like bathing and dressing
- Incontinence care and toileting support
- Transferring and positions
- Housekeeping such as changing bed linen and laundry
- Meal preparation
- Supporting social interactions and activities
- Companionship – sharing conversation and spending time together
- Helping with mobility
- Overseeing medication – all according to the clients’ care plan
- Running errands – assisting with tasks such as shopping or picking up a prescription