At Comfort Keepers, we take a person centred approach to disability support. Having a disability should not prevent you from leading a full and active life where you’re involved in your local community. We are committed to supporting you so you can live the life that you want.
What is Disability Care?
Disability Care provides support to adults living with a disability in the community. Regardless of whether you have a physical or intellectual disability, each person should be able to live the life that they choose. We view each of our clients as an individual with aims and goals and our disability care seeks to support you or your loved one in achieving those aims and goals.
Comfort Keepers’ Disability Care is centred around ensuring our clients are able to live with dignity and as much independence as possible, in the safety of their own home. Our approach is informed by the client and their desires, with the support of our clinically led team of nurses and carers.
When might you seek Disability Care?
Our care services may be used by a person who only needs a little support each week or care each day. Whatever your level of need, we can support you.
This service may also be useful for family carers who are seeking respite time so you can recharge and take time for yourself. If extra support is needed at certain times, we can facilitate brief spells of care.
Our team is led by clinical experts with extensive experience and understanding of disability focused care so you can be certain that you or your loved one is in safe hands.
Our Disability Care
- Puts the individual first and prioritises their needs and desires
- Supports the individual and their family with handling the changes of disability management
- Alleviates pressure for family caregivers by allowing them to take breaks knowing their loved one is in safe hands
- Improves quality of life for the individual
- Supports the individual in living with dignity and independence
Disability care is flexible to your needs and we will work with you to ensure the package is comprehensive and fine-tuned.
Our healthcare assistants are key members of the Comfort Keepers family.
They have received comprehensive training and have undergone Garda Vetting
and reference confirmation.
What services are provided during Disability Care?
- Supporting you in keeping connected – meeting friends and family
- Educational support for school and college attendants
- Accompanying you to activities and pastimes that are of interest to you
- Health and fitness support – accompanying to doctors appointment and gym classes and providing nutritional support
- Maintaining your independence with every day tasks
- Supporting you in having structure and routine each day
- General housekeeping and personal care needs